Is your bathroom overdue for an update? If you're tired of the same view day in and day out but aren't sure how to start over, allow us to fill you in on popular trends with bathroom fixtures, design choices, and storage options.
Bathroom Redecorating Trends You'll Love
You heard it here first ladies and gentlemen, the easiest way to bring your bathroom in to this century is to follow these tips and tricks:
- Energy efficiency is one of our favorite trends. People are switching to water friendly fixtures like low flow showerheads, high efficiency toilets, and water efficient faucets.
- A smart choice is to invest in colors, fixtures, and designs that will withstand the test of time. A bathroom remodel can be quite pricy, so it's usually a good idea to invest in a look that will always be in style and that will appeal to general audiences if you ever sell your home.
- People are starting to move from the traditional way of thinking that bathrooms exist just for utility purposes and instead are starting to see and use them as a way to incorporate luxury into their homes. Because of this, people are putting spa jets in their tubs, adding aerators to their showers for misty effects, and are using eye-level sconces for better lighting (though nothing beats a well placed window for natural light).
- Subway tile is gaining poularity and not just because it looks great — it's also affordable and easy to install. You can use this tile to make an accent wall or all around for a clean, modern look.
- Bathrooms never seem to have enough storage space. This could easily be remedied by hanging baskets to keep your towels at the ready and by installing a key hook you can hang jewelry on. Not only are these simple, cheap, and easy to implement, they are also very popular storage choices right now.
If reading this made you hate your current bathroom, give Ken's a call! Our plumbers would love to help you moderize your bathroom whether you just want a few new fixtures, or if you want to start from scratch. Give us a call at (864) 242-5511 or contact us online to ask any questions or to schedule your bathroom remodeling service! Don't trust your new bathroom with anyone but the Picky People's Plumber!