Is your bathroom overdue for an update? If you're tired of the same view day in and day out but aren't sure how to start over, allow us to fill you in on popular trends with bathroom fixtures, design choices, and storage options.
Bathroom Redecorating Trends You'll Love
You heard it here first, ladies and gentlemen: The easiest way to bring your bathroom into the current decade is to follow these tips and tricks:
- Energy efficiency. This is one of our favorite trends. People are switching to water friendly fixtures like low flow shower heads, high efficiency toilets, and water efficient faucets.
- Timeless styles. It's wise to invest in colors, fixtures, and designs that will withstand the test of time. A bathroom remodel can be quite pricy, so it's usually a good idea to invest in a look that will always be in style and appeal to general audiences incase you ever sell your home.
- A touch of luxury. People are starting to move from the traditional mindset that bathrooms exist only for utility purposes, and they're instead beginning to use them as a way to incorporate luxury into their homes. Homeowners are putting spa jets in their tubs, adding aerators to their showers for misty effects, and are using eye-level sconces for better lighting (though nothing beats a well-placed window for natural light).
- Subway tile. Subway tile is gaining popularity and not just because it looks great — it's also affordable and easy to install. You can use this tile to make an accent wall or install to every wall for a clean, modern (yet timeless) look.
- Storage. Bathrooms never seem to have enough storage space. This could easily be remedied by hanging baskets to keep your towels at the ready and installing a key hook to hang jewelry on. Not only are these simple, cheap, and easy to implement, but they are also very popular storage choices right now.
If reading this made you less content with your current bathroom, give Ken's a call! Our plumbers would love to help you modernize your bathroom, whether you just want a few new fixtures, or you're starting from scratch. Give us a call at (864) 242-5511, or contact us online to schedule your bathroom remodeling service! Don't trust your new bathroom with anyone but the Picky People's Plumber!
If you enjoyed this plumbing article, please check out other posts on our blog and join us on Facebook or Twitter to see why people call us "The Picky People's Plumber!"